- Driven other than on a paved public highway, private road or driveway i.e. on the beach or off road.
- Driven by a person under the influence of drink or drugs.
- Left unlocked whilst unattended or with the ignition key inside whilst unattended.
- Used for any hire or reward, race, rally or contest.
- Used for any commercial event, advertising, promotion, photography without prior consent from Siesta Campers.
- Used to tow any vehicle or trailer.
- Driven by a person not named in the Rental Agreement.
- Damaged by submersion in salt water or contact with salt water.
- Driven outside of the Algarve (classic vehicles only) without specific
Definition of Terms and Conditions.
- ‘I,’ ’me’ and ‘my’ jointly refers to the person or persons who are the customers.
- This ‘Agreement’ means the Rental Agreement, the Insurance Agreement and these Terms and Conditions.
- These Terms and Conditions take prevalence over any other Siesta Camper literature. “Siesta Campers” is the trading name of Loyd Rozzo unipessoal lda. With headquarters at Rua Serpa Pinto 75. São Bras De Alportel. 8150-164 Algarve, Portugal. With VAT number of PT509905943 and Alvara number 400234
- ‘Customer’ means the person or persons nominated as the hirer on the Rental Agreement. ‘Living Equipment’ includes but is not limited to crockery, cutlery, cooking utensils, pillows, sheets, duvet, solar shower, deck chairs,
- ‘Additional Hire Items’ includes but not limited to surfboards, barbecue, mountain bikes, locks and bike rack.
- ‘Rental Period’ means the time that the camper is in the hirers’ possession and control.
- Camper’ or ‘Vehicle’ refers to the vehicle described on the Rental Agreement and includes; tyres, tools, accessories, living equipment and any other replacement or substitute vehicle, which may be provided at the discretion of Siesta Campers.
‘Collision Damage Waiver’ (CDW) means the additional payment made to Siesta Campers in order to reduce the potential cost arising from collision from €2000 with no purchased cover to €750 with silver cover and €450 Platinum cover.
2. The Collection and Return of Vehicle.
- I acknowledge having received the vehicle in a clean condition and sound working order in accordance with the departure checklist.
- The fuel, water will be full on departure. I will return the vehicle in a similarly clean condition, with sand and dust swept out and the surfaces and sink wiped clean.
- The exterior should also be washed. I will be liable to a €50 cleaning fee if the vehicle is returned uncleaned inside or outside.
- The fuel tank must be returned full, on the return date and time agreed upon in the Rental Agreement.
- I agree that if the vehicle is returned without a full tank i will pay the cost of refuelling and an additional service cost of €30.
- I will return any additional hire items in a similarly clean condition on the return date. This includes barbecues, tables chairs, chemical toilet. I agree to pay for any damages or losses to the additional hire items incurred during my rental period.
- I agree to return the van with the chemical toilet emptied and cleaned and showing no signs of use. I will pay Siesta Campers €80 if I do not return the toilet cleaned and emptied. This is non-negotiable.
- I acknowledge that Siesta Campers will not refund to me any monies nor have any obligation to provide alternative camping if the vehicle is returned or I cease to have use of the vehicle prior to the agreed date for the return for any reason except for mechanical breakdown not caused by improper use.
- I acknowledge that Siesta Campers may terminate any rental agreement with me before arrival at their discretion.
- I agree to allow myself adequate time to arrive back at the airport to catch my departure flight and accept that Siesta Campers will not be responsible for reimbursing missed flights costs for whatever reason.
- I agree that if I am more than an hour late on my agreed return time, I will be liable for one additional days hire.
- I agree that if I do not inform Siesta campers of an unexpected delay in my arrival time, I will pay an additional €30.
- If I leave the camper in the airport carpark in order to catch an early flight, always with previous permission granted by Siesta Campers. I understand that I will pay the €30 service charge for this option.
- I am responsible for any damage that occurs in the carpark before Siesta Campers collect the vehicle.
- I agree for Siesta Campers to check over the van in my absence and inform me of any damages or charges. If damage found I agree for my credit card, left on file with Siesta campers, (Loyd Rozzo unipessoal lda) to be charged accordingly.
- I understand that campers are available for collection from 1.00 pm and that I must return the camper by 11.00am on the day my hire contract ends.
- I agree to pay Siesta Campers 50% at the time of booking to secure the reservation.
- I agree to make payments via credit card using our secure online payment gateway or by calling the reservations department to place the order over the phone.
- The outstanding balance is to be paid on arrival.
- I Understand that I have 48hrs to amend changes in my booking, Free of charge. After which there is a €50 admin fee. This is always subject to availability.
- I acknowledge that: If I cancel my booking with more than one month’s notice, I shall receive 80% of the paid booking deposit.
- I will receive no refund on the 50% booking deposit If I cancel my booking with Siesta Campers with less than 1 month before my arrival.
- Siesta Campers will not refund any altered dates 1 month before my arrival.
- I shall not be entitled to a refund of the entire rental fee If I cancel 1 week before my arrival.
- I agree that Siesta Campers may process a no show charge for this on my credit card.
- I agree that Siesta Campers will charge a fee of €150 on my credit card for no show on relocation deals with “Drive me.
- If I wish to bring back the camper earlier than my stated return date I shall receive no refund.
- Should the vehicle I am to hire be damaged by a previous customer or for unforeseen circumstances be unavailable. Siesta Campers will provide a replacement, if possible.
- If there are no campers available I will receive a 100% refund. Should this occur Siesta Campers will not be liable for any costs incurred relating to flight bookings and any other costs incurred.
- I have been advised to take out travel insurance for this purpose.
5. Security Deposit.
- I agree to pay a security deposit of 2000 euros by credit card on the date of arrival. This must be a named driver on the booking. The security deposit is reduced in relation to the amount of CDW taken.
- I understand that without this security deposit the rental will be cancelled without refund. Should this occur, Siesta Campers will not be responsible for providing alternative vehicle or accommodation or any other costs.
- I understand that this will be returned to me at the end of my hire period after inspection of the vehicle finds it in the same condition as it was when I collected it, with the interior and exterior clean, and the W.C. emptied and cleaned. Water tanks emptied.
- I agree to be charged €50 if the van is returned dirty on the inside or outside.
- I agree to be charged €80 if the W.C. is returned unemptied and showing signs of usage.
- I will return the van with a full tank of fuel. If I return the van without filling the fuel I agree to pay a €35 refuelling fee on top of the actual fuel costs.
- I accept that any costs incurred by Siesta Campers will be debited from my security deposit or taken from my credit card.
- I agree to reimburse Siesta Campers in full any sums due, should my security deposit not be sufficient to cover the costs of any damage or other costs set out in these terms and conditions.
6. Costs Incurred during the Rental Period.
- I will pay Siesta Campers all parking fines, road traffic fines or penalties. I agree to pay a €20 administration fee for this service.
- I agree to pay any fines or charges incurred by road toll use during my rental period including a €20 admin fee for any fine issued by third parties.
- I will pay Siesta Campers all third-party damage costs not reported by me on the return of the vehicle and associated administration costs incurred in relation to the vehicle during the rental period. I will pay Siesta Campers any other fees or charges pursuant to this Agreement. This includes any costs incurred by Siesta Campers as a result of any breach by me of the terms of this Agreement.
- I agree to be liable for a daily rental charge for the time the vehicle is off road for repairs due to an accident or damage or any breach by me of the terms in this Agreement.
- Siesta Campers retains the right to charge for any additional costs, fees or damages incurred during the rental period which are not declared on the return of the camper.
- I acknowledge that I will be fully liable for all damage to the camper/ third parties should I breach any of the terms of this agreement. I agree that Siesta Campers will retain my security deposit.
- I acknowledge that the Collision Damage Waiver Agreement does not diminish my responsibility for tyre, windscreen, undercarriage damage or any damage what so ever to internal fixtures, fittings, additional hire items and living equipment.
- I understand that if I take out extra insurance with the Collision Damage Waiver options it means that :
Platinum CDW: the maximum I will be liable to pay in the
case of an accident is €450
silver CDW: the maximum I will be liable to pay in the
case of an accident is €750
- I understand that if I do not take out Collision Damage Waiver (Bronze) option the maximum I will be liable to pay is €2000.
- I must have a full UK or EU driving license and be over 25 years old.
- I accept that if I am over 70 years old no additional insurance (platinum or silver) option is available and I must have €2000 available for the security deposit.
- I accept that if I am under 25 or 70 years old or over of age I must pay an additional 50 euros per week.
- I will be liable for the cost of replacing windows should the camper be broken into.
- I will be liable for the cost of replacing locks and any damage should the camper be broken into or vandalized.
- I will be liable for any damages occurred whilst using public car parks. I will be liable for all damage that has occurred as a result of using the vehicle off tarmac roads.
- I acknowledge that only the person(s) named in the Rental Agreement will be insured to drive.
- I will pay an additional fee of 50 euros to add another named driver and will provide copies of their driver’s license and passport.
- I warrant that I have no physical disabilities, which would impair my driving, and that I am not on any serious medication or under instruction not to drive by a doctor or physician.
- I accept that my personal effects are not covered by Siesta Campers insurance and that I have been advised to take out my own travel insurance,
8. Use of the Camper.
- I agree that during the rental period I will not or will not allow the camper to be:
Driven otherwise than in a cautious, prudent and normal manner permission.
- Driven outside of Portugal without specific permission.
- Used as a place to smoke or burn naked flames i.e. candles.
- The Vehicle shall not be re-rented and used on other platforms such as and not limited to Bla Bla Cars.
- Driven whilst aware of a mechanical fault.
- Used for cooking without appropriate ventilation and where applicable, the roof must be raised whilst using the cooker, or provide adequate ventilation.
- I agree to inform Siesta Campers in the unlikely event of mechanical breakdown prior to seeking the advice of a garage.
- I agree I will be liable for the cost incurred by the incorrect use of fuel. No additional insurance package covers me against this. If I Refill the Vehicle with the incorrect type of fuel. I will be liable for all reasonable costs levied by the vehicle manufacturer in repairing this.
- I will be liable for the cost of any tyre damage or punctures.
- I will be liable for any costs due to sending out technicians due to user error.
- If the camper is returned with a damaged tyre I accept it will be at Siesta Campers discretion whether to replace or repair the tyre.
- I will be liable for the cost of replacing keys, which have been lost, stolen or locked inside the vehicle.
- I will be liable for all costs involved in delivering keys or sending out technicians to gain access to the vehicle.
- I will not authorise repairs, maintenance without consulting Siesta Campers first.
- I will be responsible for the cost of replacing the windscreen and any other windows in the vehicle.
- I will be liable for the cost of any damage due to driving on a non-tarmac road,
- I will be liable for any cost due to the recovery of the vehicle if used on sand or unsuitable terrain such as beach access, non-tarmac roads, sand etc.
- In the unlikely event of mechanical failure with the vehicle, I will seek the advice of Siesta Campers this may include delivery to an authorized VW garage or return to one of Siesta Campers workshops. You will have the benefit of VW Europe assist.
10. Incorrect Fuel
- I will be responsible for all cost relating to incorrect fuel used in the vehicle.
- My deposit will be held until all costs have been calculated relating to the recovery of the vehicle and subsequent repairs.
- The cost of repair is not limited to the €2000 security deposit and the hirer will be liable for all repairs. This includes breakdown assist, removing fuel, Exchanging parts request by the dealer to retain the vehicle warranty.
- Correct refuelling and garage labour costs. This is not covered in any way by any extra supplementary CDW options. Or Vehicle insurance.
- I will be liable for a €50 a day fee for any days whilst the vehicle is off the road being repaired due to using incorrect fuel.
- In the unlikely event of a breakdown I agree to: Contact Siesta Campers immediately to explain the problem.
- Act according to the advice given by Siesta Campers, either awaiting assistance from Siesta Campers or using the breakdown cover provided.
- I shall not drive the vehicle with a known fault unless advised to by Siesta Campers,
- I will be responsible for the cost of any repairs incurred resulting from reckless, negligent or imprudent use of the vehicle by myself or allowed by myself, or from breach of any term of this agreement.
- I acknowledge that if a repair cannot be completed within 24 hours and is not the result of reckless, negligent or imprudent use by myself or permitted by myself, Siesta Campers will provide a replacement camper if one is available.
- If a camper is not available Siesta Campers will arrange suitable alternative camping. Or a refund of remaining whole days.
- I will be responsible for returning the vehicle back to Siesta Campers workshop for any repairs to be carried out to the living equipment. Including water, lighting, refrigeration, elevating roofs and beds.
12. Responsibility If Accident Occurs.
- In the event of any accident, loss or damage arising out of the use of the vehicle I will notify Siesta Campers immediately. I will call the police to the scene of the accident to validate the insurance.
- I will complete a European Accident Report Form as supplied. I will obtain names, addresses of third parties and any witnesses and seek advice on filling this in from Siesta Campers.
- I will not accept blame or insist the other party is at fault, accept any settlement offer or other offer.
- I will, if possible, photograph damage to all vehicles involved and registration numbers.
- I agree to assist Siesta Campers in handling any claim arising from any event, including providing all relevant information and attending court to give
evidence at my own cost.
- I accept that Siesta Campers will at their own discretion make every effort to supply a replacement vehicle or suitable camping arrangements depending on how much of the holiday remains and who was at fault.
- I accept that Siesta Campers will endeavour to ensure any money due back is forwarded as soon as possible and understand that third-party claims can take a while to resolve.
Siesta Campers will hold my security deposit until the insurers decide who was at fault.
13. Terminating the Agreement.
- I acknowledge that Siesta Campers may terminate this Agreement and repossess the vehicle at any time without notification to me, and that I will pay the reasonable costs of repossessing the vehicle, including towing charges if:
I am in breach of any term of this Agreement; I have obtained the vehicle through fraud or misrepresentation; The vehicle appears to be abandoned; The vehicle is not returned on the agreed return date or Siesta Campers reasonably believes that the vehicle will not be returned on the agreed return date.