Terms and conditions
1. Definition of Terms and Conditions
‘I,’ ’me’ and ‘my’ jointly refers to the person or persons who are the customers. This ‘Agreement’ means the Rental Agreement, the Insurance Agreement and these Terms and Conditions. These Terms and Conditions take prevalence over any other Siesta Camper literature. “Siesta Campers” is the trading name of Loyd Rozzo unipessoal lda. With headquarters at Rua Serpa Pinto 75. São Bras De Alportel. 8150-164 Algarve, Portugal. With the VAT number PT509905943 and Alvara number 400234.
‘Customer means the person or persons nominated as the hirer on the Rental Agreement. ‘Living Equipment includes but is not limited to crockery, cutlery, cooking utensils, pillows, sheets, duvet, solar shower, deck chairs, and. ‘Additional Hire Items’ includes but not limited to surfboards, barbecue, mountain bikes, locks and bike racks. ‘Rental Period’ means the time that the camper is in the hirers’ possession and control.
Camper’ or ‘Vehicle’ refers to the vehicle described on the Rental Agreement and includes; tyres, tools, accessories, living equipment and any other replacement or substitute vehicle, which may be provided at the discretion of Siesta Campers.
‘Collision Damage Waiver (CDW) means the additional payment made to Siesta Campers in order to reduce the potential cost arising from collision from €2000 with no purchased cover to €750 with silver cover and €450 Platinum cover.
2. The Collection and Return of Vehicle
- I acknowledge having received the vehicle in a clean condition and sound working order in accordance with the departure checklist. The fuel, water will be full on departure.
- I will return the vehicle in a similarly clean condition, with sand and dust swept out and the surfaces and sink wiped clean. The exterior should also be washed.
- I will be liable to a €50 cleaning fee if the vehicle is returned uncleaned inside or outside.
- The fuel tank must be returned full, on the return date and time agreed upon in the Rental Agreement.
- I agree that if the vehicle is returned without a full tank I will pay the cost of refuelling and an additional service cost of €30.
- I will return any additional hire items in a similarly clean condition on the return date. This includes barbecues, tables chairs, chemical toilets, Mountain bikes and bike racks.
- agree to pay the cost for new items for any damages or losses to the additional hire items incurred during my rental period.
- I agree to return the van with the chemical toilet emptied and cleaned and showing no signs of use. I will pay Siesta Campers €80 if I do not return the toilet cleaned and emptied. This is non-negotiable.
- I acknowledge that Siesta Campers will not refund to me any monies nor have any obligation to provide alternative camping if the vehicle is returned or I cease to have use of the vehicle prior to the agreed date for the return for any reason except for mechanical breakdown not caused by improper use.
- I acknowledge that Siesta Campers may terminate any rental agreement with me before arrival at their discretion.
- I agree to allow myself adequate time to arrive back at the airport to catch my departure flight and accept that Siesta Campers will not be responsible for reimbursing missed flights costs for whatever reason.
- I agree that if I am more than an hour late on my agreed return time, I will be liable for additional days hire.
- I agree that if I do not inform Siesta campers of an unexpected delay in my arrival time, I will pay an additional 30.
- If I leave the camper in the airport car park in order to catch an early flight, always with previous permission granted by Siesta Campers.
- I understand that I will pay the €30 service charge for this option. I am responsible for any damage that occurs in the car park before Siesta Campers collect the vehicle.
I agree for Siesta Campers to check over the van in my absence and inform me of any damages or charges.
If damage is found I agree for my credit card, left on file with Siesta campers, (Loyd Rozzo unipessoal lda) to be charged accordingly.
- I understand that campers are available for collection from 2.00 pm and that I must return the camper by 11.00 am on the day my hire contract ends.
- I agree that Siesta Campers may substitute classic campers for other vehicles should a situation arises where it is no longer available. If no substitute vehicles are available I will be refunded the cost of the rental and receive no further compensation.
- I agree to pay Siesta Campers 50% at the time of booking to secure the reservation. This must be paid within 48 hours of the pending reservation.
- I agree to make payments via credit card using our secure online payment gateway or by calling the reservations department to place the order over the phone.
- The outstanding balance is to be paid on arrival.
New Cancellation Policy Support (from 15th March 2021)
We have changed our cancellation policy to be more flexible during these uncertain times so you can book with peace of mind. If you are unable or unwilling to embark on your adventure with Siesta Campers for any reason, we offer the following options: You may rebook once to a future date up to 31st of December 2022. The value of your current booking will be credited once for use on your new trip, subject to availability. If you don’t know your new travel dates yet, you will be issued a one time use credit for your original booking. When you’ve got your new dates, contact us and we’ll take care of the details. If you wish to cancel without rebooking, cancellation fees apply.
These new terms only apply to Bookings made from March 15th 2021.
- If you cancel more than 60 days prior to the scheduled pick up time you will receive a 100% refund.
- If you cancel within 60 days to 48 hours prior to the scheduled pick up time: 50% of the booking deposit will be deducted (cancellation fee) or you can choose a flexible travel voucher corresponding to 100% of the total amount already paid (valid until the 31st of December 2022)
- If you cancel less than 48h prior to the scheduled pick up time: 100% of the rental price will be deducted and retained (no show fee)
Cancellations terms & conditions for all bookings made up until the 15th of March 2021 (unless a travel voucher has been accepted in 2020/21)
- I acknowledge that: If I cancel my booking with more than two months' notice, I shall receive 80% of the paid booking deposit.
- I will receive no refund on the 50% booking deposit If I cancel my booking with Siesta Campers less than two months before my arrival.
- Siesta Campers will not refund any altered dates 1 month before my arrival.
- I shall not be entitled to a refund of the entire rental fee If I cancel 1 week before my arrival.
- I agree that Siesta Campers may process a no-show charge for this on my credit card.
5. Security Deposit
- I agree to pay a security deposit of 2000 euros by credit card on the date of arrival. This must be a named driver on the booking. The security deposit is reduced in relation to the amount of CDW taken.
- I understand that without this security deposit the rental will be canceled without a refund. Should this occur, Siesta Campers will not be responsible for providing alternative vehicles or accommodation or any other costs.
- I understand that this will be returned to me at the end of my hire period after inspection of the vehicle finds it in the same condition as it was when I collected it, with the interior and exterior clean, and the W.C. emptied and cleaned. Waste tanks emptied.
- I agree to be charged €50 if the van is returned dirty on the inside or outside.
- I agree to be charged €80 if the W.C. is returned non emptied and showing signs of usage.
- I will return the van with a full tank of fuel. If I return the van without filling the fuel I agree to pay a €35 refueling fee on top of the actual fuel costs.
- I accept that any costs incurred by Siesta Campers will be debited from my security deposit or taken from my credit card.
- I agree to reimburse Siesta Campers in full any sums due, should my security deposit not be sufficient to cover the costs of any damage or other costs set out in these terms and conditions.
6. Costs Incurred during the Rental Period
- I will pay Siesta Campers all parking fines, road traffic fines, or penalties.
- A €50 admin fee will apply to all fines issued within Portugal. Fines from outside Portugal will be charged at €70 per fine.
- I agree to pay any fines or charges incurred by road toll use during my rental period I will pay Siesta Campers all third-party damage costs not reported by me on return of the vehicle and associated administration costs incurred in relation to the vehicle during the rental period.
- I will pay Siesta Campers any other fees or charges pursuant to this Agreement. This includes any costs incurred by Siesta Campers as a result of any breach by me of the terms of this Agreement.
- I agree to be liable for a daily rental charge for the time the vehicle is off-road for repairs due to an accident or damage or any breach by me of the terms in this Agreement.
- Siesta Campers retains the right to charge for any additional costs, fees, or damages incurred during the rental period which are not declared or immediately noted on the return of the camper.
- I acknowledge that I will be fully liable for all damage to the camper/ third parties should I breach any of the terms of this agreement. I agree that Siesta Campers will retain my security deposit.
- I acknowledge that the Collision Damage Waiver Agreement does not diminish my responsibility for tyre, windscreen, undercarriage damage or any damage whatsoever to internal fixtures, fittings, additional hire items, and living equipment.
- I agree to have held a full driving license for at least one year.
- I accept that if I am under 25, I must pay an additional 70 euros per week.
- I agree to only book a manual vehicle if I have taken a driving test in a manual vehicle.
- I understand that if I take out extra insurance with the Collision Damage Waiver options it means that :
- Platinum CDW: the maximum I will be liable to pay in the case of an accident is €450
- Silver CDW: the maximum I will be liable to pay in the case of an accident is €750
- I understand that if I do not take out Collision Damage Waiver (Bronze) option the maximum I will be liable to pay is €2000.
- I must have a full driving license and be over 20 years old and be able to drive a vehicle of up to 3.500kg
- I will be liable for the cost of replacing windows should the camper be broken into. I will be liable for the cost of replacing locks and any damage should the camper be broken into or vandalized.
- I will be liable for any damages that occurred whilst using public car parks. I will be liable for all damage that has occurred as a result of using the vehicle off tarmac roads. I acknowledge that only the person(s) named in the Rental Agreement will be insured to drive.
- I will be liable for all damage that occurs to roofs on my hire van. This includes and is not limited to all lifting mechanisms, skylights, canvas, roof racks, and damaged fiberglass. These are not covered by any of the available damage waiver packages.
- Awning damage is not covered by any CDW packages.
- Plastic side windows that are damaged on motorhomes due to being left open while driving is not covered by any CDW package.
- I will pay an additional fee of 50 euros to add another named driver and will provide copies of their driver’s license and passport.
- I warrant that I have no physical disabilities, which would impair my driving, and that I am not on any serious medication or under instruction not to drive by a doctor or physician.
- I accept that my personal effects are not covered by Siesta Campers insurance and that I have been advised to take out my own travel insurance,
8. Use of the Camper
I agree that during the rental period I will not or will not allow the camper to be:
- Driven otherwise than in a cautious, prudent, and normal manner.
- Driven other than on a paved public highway, private road or driveway i.e. on the beach or off-road.
- Driven by a person under the influence of drink or drugs.
- Left unlocked whilst unattended or with the ignition key inside whilst unattended.
- Used for any hire or reward, race, rally, or contest.
- Used for any commercial event, advertising, promotion, photography without prior consent from Siesta Campers.
- Used to tow any vehicle or trailer.
- Driven by a person not named in the Rental Agreement.
- Damaged by submersion in saltwater or contact with saltwater.
- Driven outside of Portugal without specific permission.
- If I take the camper out of Portugal without declaring to Siesta Campers, I agree that I will be charged the out of Portugal insurance fee for the entire period of my hire plus an additional €50 admin fee
- Used as a place to smoke or burn naked flames i.e. candles.
- Driven whilst aware of a mechanical fault.
- Used for cooking without appropriate ventilation and where applicable, the roof must be raised whilst using the cooker, or provide adequate ventilation.
- Classic campers (vintage) are allocated 100km's a day usage. At the end of my hire excess mileage will be calculated and charged at €0.50 cents a Km thereafter.
- Classic campers are limited to travel between Lisbon and Faro I have been advised by a Siesta Campers representative of my classic van travel limits.
- If a classic van is taken above the Lisbon area, there will be an instant payment of €1000 taken from the deposit, also it will be up to the discretion of Siesta Campers to end the hire / contract of the van immediately.
- Classic campers are fitted with a GPS tracker to assist in locating vehicles to assist in case of vehicle theft. A geo-fence will be activated if the vehicle is taken out of the travel limit and I will be contacted by Siesta Campers to return the vehicle.
- I agree to inform Siesta Campers in the unlikely event of mechanical breakdown prior to seeking the advice of a garage.
- I agree I will be liable for the cost incurred by the incorrect use of fuel.
- I will be liable for the cost of any tyre damage or punctures. I will be liable for any costs due to sending out technicians due to user error.
- I will arrange for the tyre to be either repaired or replaced as soon as possible after consulting Siesta Campers.
- If the camper is returned with a damaged tyre I accept it will be at Siesta Campers discretion whether to replace or repair the tyre.
- I will be liable for the cost of replacing keys, which have been lost, stolen or locked inside the vehicle.
- I will not authorize repairs, maintenance without consulting Siesta Campers first.
- I will be responsible for the cost of replacing the windscreen and any other windows in the vehicle outside of the collision damage waiver.
- I will be liable for the cost of any damage due to driving on a non-tarmac road.
- I will be liable for any cost due to the recovery of the vehicle if used on sand or unsuitable terrain.
- I will be liable for all loads on the roof rack and any subsequent damage. It is my responsibility to ensure the cargo is tied down correctly.
- I agree to inform Siesta Campers immediately if I find any fault during my hire, this includes living equipment and camping equipment.
- I understand that I will not be refunded or compensated for any technical malfunctions that I have not reported to Siesta Campers during my hire.
- I understand that I will not be refunded or compensated for any technical malfunctions that occur during my hire should I decide to refuse the solution Siesta Campers offers.
- I agree that if I refuse to enable any repairs that Siesta campers have requested, I will be liable for all subsequent damage or costs should any further situations arise from the problem not being resolved at the requested time.
10. Incorrect Fuel
- I will be responsible for all costs including administration costs relating to incorrect fuel used in the vehicle.
- My deposit will be held until all costs have been calculated relating to the recovery of the vehicle and subsequent repairs.
- The cost of repair is not limited to the €2000 security deposit and the hirer will be liable for all repairs. This includes breakdown assist, removing fuel, Exchanging parts request by the dealer to retain the vehicle warranty.
- Correct refueling and garage labor costs. This is not covered in any way by any extra supplementary CDW options. Or Vehicle insurance.
- I will be liable for the appropriate seasonal daily rental fee for any days whilst the vehicle is off the road being repaired due to using incorrect fuel.
- In the unlikely event of a breakdown I agree to: Contact Siesta Campers immediately to explain the problem.
- Act according to the advice given by Siesta Campers, either awaiting assistance from Siesta Campers or using the breakdown cover provided.
- I shall not drive the vehicle with a known fault unless advised to by Siesta Campers.
- I will be responsible for the cost of any repairs incurred resulting from reckless, negligent or imprudent use of the vehicle by myself or allowed by myself, or from breach of any term of this agreement.
- I acknowledge that if a repair cannot be completed within 24 hours and is not the result of reckless, negligent or imprudent use by myself or permitted by myself, Siesta Campers will provide a replacement camper if one is available. If a camper is no available Siesta Campers will arrange suitable alternative camping. Or a refund of the remaining whole days.
12. Responsibility If Accident Occurs
- In the event of an accident, loss, or damage arising out of the use of the vehicle I will notify Siesta Campers immediately. I will call the police to the scene of the accident to validate the insurance.
- I will complete a European Accident Report Form as supplied. I will obtain the names, addresses of third parties and any witnesses. I will not accept blame or insist the other party is at fault, accept any settlement offer or other offer.
- I will, if possible, photograph damage to all vehicles involved and registration numbers. I agree to assist Siesta Campers in handling any claim arising from any event, including providing all relevant information and attending court to give evidence at my own cost. I accept that Siesta Campers will at their own discretion make every effort to supply a replacement vehicle or suitable camping arrangements depending on how much of the holiday remains and who was at fault.
- I accept that Siesta Campers will endeavor to ensure any money due back is forwarded as soon as possible and understand that third-party claims may take time to resolve.
13. Terminating the Agreement
I acknowledge that Siesta Campers may terminate this Agreement and repossess the vehicle at any time without notification to me and that I will pay the reasonable costs of repossessing the vehicle, including towing charges if:
- I am in breach of any term of this Agreement; I have obtained the vehicle through fraud or misrepresentation; The vehicle appears to be abandoned; The vehicle is not returned on the agreed return date or Siesta Campers reasonably believes that the vehicle will not be returned on the agreed return date; The vehicle is taken outside of Portugal without specific permission from Siesta Campers.
- Classic campers are taken out of their travel restricted area. Between Lisbon and Faro.
14. Driver Negligence
- Any damage to the vehicle that occurred due to the driver’s negligence such as a burnt clutch or any clutch damage due to driving on unsurfaced roads, parking the car on high curbs, damage to the wheels, lost or damaged keys. undercarriage damage, Any roof and awning damage, the collision of roofs into trees. forgetting to close the roof and subsequent damage. Fuel into the drinking water, interior damage.
- This will always be charged to the client for the full amount of the repair cost. We will appoint an independent garage to assess if the damage has been caused through negligence and an approximation of the damage will be held until this has been decided.
- The initial extent of the damage is assessed by our own workshop engineer. After the repair has been completed a full invoice will be issued. None of the insurance packages that Siesta Campers offers shall cover any negligence damage.
- Fuel in the water. Any fuel added to the water tanks will require the removal and substitution of water tanks, water supply lines, and taps. Fuel is a highly hazardous substance and we do not clean the system, we always replace it. Any costs that are incurred from substitution will always be paid for by the customer, the hirer. None of the CDW packages that are offered cover any of the charges for this service.
- Awning damage. Any damage that occurs due to using the awning in high winds, rain or any other incorrect use will always be paid for by the customer. The awning should not be left out at night, used in high winds or rain. None of the CDW packages that are offered cover any of the charges for replacement or repair.