Définition des termes et conditions
- ‘I,’ ’me’ and ‘my’ jointly refers to the person or persons who are the customers.
- This ‘Agreement’ means the Rental Agreement, the Insurance Agreement and these Terms and Conditions.
- These Terms and Conditions take prevalence over any other Siesta Camper literature. “Siesta Campers” is the trading name of Loyd Rozzo unipessoal lda. With headquarters at Rua Serpa Pinto 75. São Bras De Alportel. 8150-164 Algarve, Portugal. With VAT number of PT509905943 and Alvara number 400234
- ‘Customer’ means the person or persons nominated as the hirer on the Rental Agreement. ‘Living Equipment’ includes but is not limited to crockery, cutlery, cooking utensils, pillows, sheets, duvet, solar shower, deck chairs,
- ‘Additional Hire Items’ includes but not limited to surfboards, barbecue, mountain bikes, locks and bike rack.
- ‘Rental Period’ means the time that the camper is in the hirers’ possession and control.
- Camper’ or ‘Vehicle’ refers to the vehicle described on the Rental Agreement and includes; tyres, tools, accessories, living equipment and any other replacement or substitute vehicle, which may be provided at the discretion of Siesta Campers.
"Collision Damage Waiver" (CDW) signifie le paiement additionnel fait à Siesta Campers dans le but de réduire le coût potentiel résultant d’une collision de 2000€ sans couverture souscrite à 750€ avec la couverture Silver et à 450€ avec la couverture €450 Platinum .
- Conduit autre part que sur une route ou autoroute pavée publique, route privée ou autre (i.e sur la plage ou hors route)
- Conduit par une personne sous l’influence de drogues ou d’alcool.
- Laissé déverrouillé ou avec la clé de contact à l’intérieur sans surveillance.
- Utilisé pour toute location, récompense, course, rallye ou compétition.
- Utilisé pour tout événement commercial, publicitaire, promotionnel, photographique sans avoir au préalable obtenu le consentement de Siesta Campers.
- Utilisé pour tracter tout véhicule ou remorque.
- Conduit par une personne non mentionnée dans le contrat de location.
- Damaged by submersion in saltwater or contact with saltwater.
- Driven outside of the Algarve (classic vehicles only) without specific permission given by Siesta Campers.
2. Prise en charge et restitution du véhicule.
- I acknowledge having received the vehicle in a clean condition and sound working order in accordance with the departure checklist.
- The fuel, water will be full on departure. I will return the vehicle in a similarly clean condition, with sand and dust swept out and the surfaces and sink wiped clean.
- The exterior should also be washed. I will be liable to a €50 cleaning fee if the vehicle is returned uncleaned inside or outside.
- The fuel tank must be returned full, on the return date and time agreed upon in the Rental Agreement.
- I agree that if the vehicle is returned without a full tank I will pay the cost of refuelling and an additional service cost of €30.
- I will return any additional hire items in a similarly clean condition on the return date. This includes barbecues, tables chairs, chemical toilet. I agree to pay for any damages or losses to the additional hire items incurred during my rental period.
- I agree to return the van with the chemical toilet emptied and cleaned and showing no signs of use. I will pay Siesta Campers €80 if I do not return the toilet cleaned and emptied. This is non-negotiable.
- I acknowledge that Siesta Campers will not refund to me any monies nor have any obligation to provide alternative camping if the vehicle is returned or I cease to have use of the vehicle prior to the agreed date for the return for any reason except for mechanical breakdown not caused by improper use.
- Je reconnais que Siesta Campers peut à sa propre discrétion mettre un terme au contrat de location avant l’arrivée.
- I agree to allow myself adequate time to arrive back at the airport to catch my departure flight and accept that Siesta Campers will not be responsible for reimbursing missed flights costs for whatever reason.
- I agree that if I am more than an hour late on my agreed return time, I will be liable for one additional day hire.
- I agree that if I do not inform Siesta campers of an unexpected delay in my arrival time, I will pay an additional €30.
- If I leave the camper in the airport carpark in order to catch an early flight, always with previous permission granted by Siesta Campers. I understand that I will pay the €30 service charge for this option.
- I am responsible for any damage that occurs in the carpark before Siesta Campers collect the vehicle.
- I agree for Siesta Campers to check over the van in my absence and inform me of any damages or charges. If damage found I agree for my credit card, left on file with Siesta campers, (Loyd Rozzo unipessoal lda) to be charged accordingly.
- I understand that campers are available for collection from 1.00 pm and that I must return the camper by 11.00am on the day my hire contract ends.
- I agree to pay Siesta Campers 50% at the time of booking to secure the reservation.
- I agree to make payments via credit card using our secure online payment gateway or by calling the reservations department to place the order over the phone.
- Le solde restant doit être payé le jour de la collecte.
- I Understand that I have 48hrs to amend changes in my booking, Free of charge. After which there is a €50 admin fee. This is always subject to availability.
- I acknowledge that: If I cancel my booking with more than one month’s notice, I shall receive 80% of the paid booking deposit.
- I will receive no refund on the 50% booking deposit If I cancel my booking with Siesta Campers with less than 1 month before my arrival.
- Siesta Campers will not refund any altered dates 1 month before my arrival.
- I shall not be entitled to a refund of the entire rental fee If I cancel 1 week before my arrival.
- I agree that Siesta Campers may process a no show charge for this on my credit card.
- I agree that Siesta Campers will charge a fee of €150 on my credit card for no show on relocation deals with “Drive me.
- If I wish to bring back the camper earlier than my stated return date I shall receive no refund.
- Should the vehicle I am to hire be damaged by a previous customer or for unforeseen circumstances be unavailable? Siesta Campers will provide a replacement, if possible.
- If there are no campers available I will receive a 100% refund. Should this occur Siesta Campers will not be liable for any costs incurred relating to flight bookings and any other costs incurred.
- I have been advised to take out travel insurance for this purpose.
5. Dépôt de garantie
- I agree to pay a security deposit of 2000 euros by credit card on the date of arrival. This must be a named driver on the booking. The security deposit is reduced in relation to the amount of CDW taken.
- Je comprends qu’en l’absence de dépôt de garantie, la location sera annulée sans remboursement. Si cela se produit, Siesta Campers n’est pas tenu de fournir un véhicule ou un hébergement alternatif, ni de prendre en charge tout autre frais.
- I understand that this will be returned to me at the end of my hire period after inspection of the vehicle finds it in the same condition as it was when I collected it, with the interior and exterior clean, and the W.C. emptied and cleaned. Water tanks emptied.
- J’accepte d’être facturé de 50€ si le van est restitué non nettoyé à l’intérieur et/ou à l’extérieur.
- I agree to be charged €80 if the W.C. is returned unemptied and showing signs of usage.
- I will return the van with a full tank of fuel. If I return the van without filling the fuel I agree to pay a €35 refuelling fee on top of the actual fuel costs.
- J’accepte que tous les frais engagés par Siesta Campers seront débités de mon dépôt de garantie ou prélevés sur ma carte de crédit.
- J’accepte de rembourser Siesta Campers de toutes les sommes dues, si mon dépôt de garantie n’est pas suffisant pour couvrir les frais de tout dommage ou autres coûts exposés dans ces termes et conditions.
6. Frais engagés pendant la période de location
- If we receive a penalty charge notice or a parking charge notice that is issued by any issuing body for the Vehicle during your hire period and which is capable of being paid then we may pay it so that we mitigate the cost of it. Where we, at our discretion and for whatever reason, choose to pay such charges you will reimburse us the said charge plus our Third Party Administration Charge (for each charge we pay or each time we deal with such correspondence).
- I will pay Siesta Campers all third-party damage costs not reported by me on the return of the vehicle and associated administration costs incurred in relation to the vehicle during the rental period. I will pay Siesta Campers any other fees or charges pursuant to this Agreement. This includes any costs incurred by Siesta Campers as a result of any breach by me of the terms of this Agreement.
- I agree to be liable for a daily rental charge for the time the vehicle is off-road for repairs due to an accident or damage or any breach by me of the terms in this Agreement.
- Siesta Campers retains the right to charge for any additional costs, fees or damages incurred during the rental period which are not declared on the return of the camper.
- Breakdown assistance will be charged at €150 per call out if the damage or problem has been caused
- Je prends connaissance que je serai pleinement responsable de tout dommage sur le van ou d’un tiers si je viole l’un des termes de ce contrat. J’accepte que Siesta Campers bloque mon dépôt de garantie dans ce cas.
- Je prends connaissance que le contrat "Collision Damage Waiver" ne réduit pas ma responsabilité pour les dommages sur les pneus, pare brise, châssis ou pour n’importe quel autre dommage envers luminaires internes, raccords, articles loués en extra ou l’équipement de vie.
- Je prends connaissance du fait que si je prends une assurance supplémentaire avec les options Collision Damage Waiver, cela signifie :
Platinium CDW: Le montant maximum que je serai tenu de payer en
cas d'accident est €450
Silver CDW: Le montant maximum que je serai tenu de payer en
cas d'accident est €750
- I understand that if I do not take out Collision Damage Waiver (Bronze) le montant maximum que je serai tenu de payer est 2000€
- Je dois avoir un permis de conduire UK ou UE valide et avoir plus de 25 ans.
- I accept that if I am over 70 years old no additional insurance (platinum or silver) option is available and I must have €2000 available for the security deposit.
- I accept that if I am under 25 or 70 years old or over of age I must pay an additional 50 euros per week.
- I will be liable for the cost of replacing windows should the camper be broken into.
- I will be liable for the cost of replacing locks and any damage should the camper be broken into or vandalized.
- I will be liable for any damages occurred whilst using public car parks. I will be liable for all damage that has occurred as a result of using the vehicle off tarmac roads.
- I acknowledge that only the person(s) named in the Rental Agreement will be insured to drive.
- I will pay an additional fee of 50 euros to add another named driver and will provide copies of their driver’s license and passport.
- I warrant that I have no physical disabilities, which would impair my driving, and that I am not on any serious medication or under instruction not to drive by a doctor or physician.
- I accept that my personal effects are not covered by Siesta Campers insurance and that I have been advised to take out my own travel insurance,
8. Utilisation du van.
- J’accepte que durant la période de location, je ne vais pas ou je ne permettrai pas que le van soit :
- I agree to pay a fee of €150 should I drive a classic camper out of the Algarve or a modern camper out of Portugal without Siesta Campers specific permission.
- conduit autrement que d’une manière prudente et normale.
- Conduit en dehors du Portugal sans autorisation préalable.
- Utilisé comme endroit pour fumer ou brûler des flammes nues telle que des bougies par exemple.
- The Vehicle shall not be re-rented and used on other platforms such as and not limited to Bla Bla Cars.
- Conduit tout en ayant conscience qu’il y a un problème mécanique.
- Driven whilst any warning lights, engine management lights are illuminated.
- Utilisé pour cuisiner sans ventilation appropriée et le cas échéant, le toit doit être relevé lorsque la cuisinière est utilisée ou fournir une aération adaptée.
- J’accepte d’informer Siesta Campers dans le cas peu probable d’une panne mécanique avant de chercher l’avis d’un garage.
- I agree I will be liable for the cost incurred by the incorrect use of fuel. No additional insurance package covers me against this. If I Refill the Vehicle with the incorrect type of fuel. I will be liable for all reasonable costs levied by the vehicle manufacturer in repairing this.
- I will be liable for all costs relating to the recovery of the vehicle.
- I will be liable for the cost of any tyre damage or punctures.
- I will be liable for any costs due to sending out technicians due to user error.
- Si le van est restitué avec un pneu endommagé j’accepte que cela soit la décision de Siesta Campers de remplacer ou de le réparer.
- I will be liable for the cost of replacing keys, which have been lost, broken, stolen or locked inside the vehicle.
- I will be liable for all costs involved in delivering keys or sending out technicians to gain access to the vehicle.
- I will not authorise repairs, maintenance without consulting Siesta Campers first.
- Je serai responsable du coût de remplacement du pare brise et toute autre fenêtre du véhicule.
- I will be liable for the cost of any damage due to driving on a non-tarmac road,
- I will be liable for any cost due to the recovery of the vehicle if used on sand or unsuitable terrain such as beach access, non-tarmac roads, sand etc.
- In the unlikely event of mechanical failure with the vehicle, I will seek the advice of Siesta Campers this may include delivery to an authorized VW garage or return to one of Siesta Campers workshops. You will have the benefit of VW Europe assist.
10. Mauvais carburant
- I will be responsible for all cost including administration costs relating to incorrect fuel used in the vehicle.
- My deposit will be held until all costs have been calculated relating to the recovery of the vehicle and subsequent repairs.
- The cost of repair is not limited to the €2000 security deposit and the hirer will be liable for all repairs. This includes breakdown assist, removing fuel, Exchanging parts request by the dealer to retain the vehicle warranty.
- Correct refuelling and garage labour costs. This is not covered in any way by any extra supplementary CDW options. Or Vehicle insurance.
- I will be liable for a €50 a day fee for any days whilst the vehicle is off the road being repaired due to using incorrect fuel.
- En cas d’éventuelle panne j’accepte de : contacter immédiatement Siesta Campers pour expliquer le problème rencontré.
- D’agir selon les conseils donnés par Siesta Campers que ce soit en attendant l’assistance de Siesta Campers ou la couverture d’assurance fournie.
- De ne pas conduire le véhicule avec un problème connu à moins que cela ne soit autorisé par Siesta Campers.
- I will be responsible for the cost of any repairs incurred resulting from reckless, negligent or imprudent use of the vehicle by myself or allowed by myself, or from breach of any term of this agreement.
- I acknowledge that if a repair cannot be completed within 24 hours and is not the result of reckless, negligent or imprudent use by myself or permitted by myself, Siesta Campers will provide a replacement camper if one is available.
- If a camper is not available Siesta Campers will arrange suitable alternative camping. Or a refund of remaining whole days.
- I will be responsible for returning the vehicle back to Siesta Campers workshop for any repairs to be carried out to the living equipment. Including water, lighting, refrigeration, elevating roofs and beds.
12- Responsabilité en cas d'accident
- In the event of an accident, loss or damage arising out of the use of the vehicle I will notify Siesta Campers immediately. I will call the police to the scene of the accident to validate the insurance.
- I will complete a European Accident Report Form as supplied. I will obtain names, addresses of third parties and any witnesses and seek advice on filling this in from Siesta Campers.
- I will not accept blame or insist the other party is at fault, accept any settlement offer or other offers.
- I will, if possible, photograph damage to all vehicles involved and registration numbers.
- I agree to assist Siesta Campers in handling any claim arising from any event, including providing all relevant information and attending court to give
evidence at my own cost.
- I accept that Siesta Campers will at their own discretion make every effort to supply a replacement vehicle or suitable camping arrangements depending on how much of the holiday remains and who was at fault.
- I accept that Siesta Campers will endeavour to ensure any money due back is forwarded as soon as possible and understand that third-party claims can take a while to resolve.
- Siesta Campers will hold my security deposit until the insurers decide who was at fault.
13. Résiliation du contrat.
- I acknowledge that Siesta Campers may terminate this Agreement and repossess the vehicle at any time without notification to me and that I will pay the reasonable costs of repossessing the vehicle, including towing charges if:
I am in breach of any term of this Agreement; I have obtained the vehicle through fraud or misrepresentation; The vehicle appears to be abandoned; The vehicle is not returned on the agreed return date or Siesta Campers reasonably believes that the vehicle will not be returned on the agreed return date.