“Rio” The VW T2 was made in Brazil at VW’s factory in São Paulo. She was one of the last VW Kombis from VW’s long production of this great classic, spanning from 1953 to 2013. She has some great improvements compared to the early models, such as the super economical bio fuel engine. It’s also really quiet which is great for listening to the Boombastic sound system integrated into the dash.
She has been converted into a camper by Danbury Campervans from the UK. They’ve been converting and renting Volkswagen campers since 1960, so they know how to build them quite well. It also has a 40L compressor fridge, auxiliary battery, a bed in the roof that’s suitable for 2 children and a bed below suitable for 2 adults. She’s very photogenic so don’t be surprised to see a crowd around her when you return from the beach! She comes with everything included for an amazing retro campervan holiday in Portugal. See the full list of what’s included.
WHAT'S INSIDE RIO?
- Immaculate last production VW T2 campervan
- 150w pioneer sound system
- 1400cc economical engine
- Bedding (duvets, sheets & pillows) included for a family of 4
- Maps and information, including the captain’s log book which contains tips and advice from previous adventurers
- Outdoor table and 2 chairs for dining under the stars
- Ceramic dining set (cutlery, plates, bowls and glasses). Life’s too short to drink wine from plastic cups!
SEE ALL VANS